- Continual innovation is an important component of the EBS core value called “Simple yet Profound.” This core value is rooted in the fact that meaningfully applied technology doesn’t have to be rocket science. Over the years, EBS has pursued the cutting edge of wastewater bioaugmentation. We relentlessly “peel the onion” in our pursuit of answers and […]
- Being proactive during cold weather can noticeably reduce wastewater treatment plant upsets. While most people enjoy the cooler temperatures that come with fall, they can cause a well-running wastewater treatment plant to have issues almost overnight. Bacteria do not reduce BOD or reproduce as effectively during the colder months of the year. They generally favor […]
- In the Kraft papermaking process white liquor, which is NaOH (sodium hydroxide) and Na2S (sodium sulfide), is used to “cook” wood chips in a piece of equipment known as the digester. In the digester the wood chips are “cooked” using high temperature and pressure in the presence of white liquor to create wood pulp. One […]
- Bacteria prefer warmer temperatures and they do not reduce BOD (biochemical oxygen demand) or reproduce as effectively during the colder months of the year. Due to this, mill upsets are more problematic during the winter. While temperature is one of the eight growth pressures that affect your Wastewater Treatment, there are things you can do […]
- On June 24, 2010, EBS acquired five sand samples from the Louisiana coast. The purpose of the study was to test the extent of oil degradation in sand with bioaugmentation. Three of the sand samples were contaminated with oil and the remaining two samples were clean. Each of the sand samples was initially tested for oil & grease by direct n-hexane extraction.
- Commercial bacteria have been used for almost thirty years to address a myriad of wastewater problems including poor BOD reduction, excessive solids carryover, problems related to toxic materials, and odors. Products were applied in various forms, including powders, liquid concentrates, solids blocks and even crop dusted over the pond. In each case, the amount of […]